You don’t have to be on the van to make a difference! We work with volunteers with a wide range of expertise and backgrounds to accomplish our goal of creating healthier communities. Whether you are a web developer, student, registered nurse, researcher or social workers you’ll get an opportunity to be a part of bringing Wellness to Boston’s underserved communities.
The Van, along with your mentorship, has opened my eyes to the centrality of proximity in the fight for health equity—proximity to our clients, to the disparities we strive to tackle, to the solutions we deliver.
I am very grateful to be a small part of this endeavor.
- Ishaan Desai -
Outreach & Education
- Spread the word about our service in the community and online
- Identify and strategize to meet the needs of the community
- Help organize and facilitate community health workshops and events
- Expand our social media presence
- Be on the forefront to reduce the burden of chronic illnesses, HIV, and other disease
- Provide personalized health coaching and screening services
- Give personal support to members affect by housing, unemployment, domestic violence, and other issues
- Connect patients to social and health services
Research & Evaluation
- Measure and report the value and impact of the Family Van in Boston
- Join our national research collaborative, Mobile Health Map, to understand and strengthen curbside service across the country
- Advocate for policy changes that will sustain essential mobile health services for vulnerable populations
APPLICATION DEADLINESFALL SEMESTER - July 15th
SPRING SEMESTER - November 1st
SUMMER SEMESTER- April 1st